Attorneys office in Kloof are looking for a legal bookkeeper to assist with bookkeeping tasks and daily/ monthly functions on Legalsuite.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily printouts of investment transactions (transactions processed the previous day) – Investec CCM account & Nedcorp CIB – normally done first thing in the mornings.
- Receipting of trust funds – EFT deposits recived from trust creditors to be posted to the trust ledgers daily – all trust bank accounts – Nedbank, ABSA, Standard Bank and FNB.
- Daily EFT payments – trust EFT requisitions to be checked against clients trust ledger to ensure that there is sufficient trust funds.
- Trust EFT payments paid to trust creditors or third parties to be posted to the tust ledgers daily.
- All source documents (receipts, payments) to be filed chronologically – same day.
- SEC 86(4) investments – opening, closing and issuing of guarantees on all 3 investment platforms.
- Estates – opening of new estates and effecting payments on the Nedcorp CIB system.
- Stationery inventory control and purchases – monitoring the issuing of stationery.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Previous experience (min 1 year) in a legal type office (ie. attorneys, estate agents/ Sheriff’s office, etc) as the person must be familiar with trust and business accounts.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position.
- General accounting systems knowledge (Legalsuite preferred).
- Experience with Excel.
Package & Remuneration
Salary range R8000 – R14 000 CTC.